SUMMARY OF HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
- FEI uses your personal data for the provision of online services in connection with our Website(s).
- Data is mainly shared with third parties who work on behalf of FEI to provide a product or service to you.
- Where we rely on your consent, such as for certain electronic direct marketing activities, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
FEI automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your Internet Protocol address (IP address), which identifies your device, FEI's cookies (or similar) information and the page you requested.
FEI collects personal data when you register for certain sections of the Website(s), when you use or buy certain products or services on the Website(s) (e.g. video content) and when you enter promotions, sweepstakes or similar services sponsored by FEI or its business partners.
INFORMATION USE AND THE LEGAL BASIS FOR THIS USE
FEI uses information collected for the following purposes:
- To perform our contractual obligations when you use or buy certain FEI products or services (e.g. FEI TV)
- As required by FEI to conduct our activities and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- we will use your information to provide products, content and services you have requested, and respond to any comments or questions you may send us;
- we use information you provide to personalise our Website(s), products or services for you;
- Where you give us consent:
- we will send you direct marketing in relation to our relevant products and services, or other products and services provided by us, our affiliates and carefully selected partners.
- we place cookies and use similar technologies in accordance with our Cookies Policy and the information provided to you when those technologies are used
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
- For purposes which are required by law:
- In response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
WITHDRAWING CONSENT OR OTHERWISE OBJECTING TO DIRECT MARKETING
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above. In some cases, we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests. You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing, or profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time. You can do this by following the instructions in the communication where this is an electronic message, or by contacting us using the details set out below.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
FEI may send your personal data to third parties when:
- FEI has your consent to share the information;
- FEI needs to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- FEI needs to send the information to third parties who work on behalf of FEI to provide a product or service to you (unless otherwise stated, these third parties do not have any rights to use the personal data FEI provides to them beyond what is necessary to provide a product or service to you);
- Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws; or
- FEI finds that your actions on the Website(s) violate FEI Website(s) Terms and Conditions or any other FEI's guidelines or rules applicable for specific services.
In the event that the business is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
Your information is transferred and hosted outside the EEA (i.e. in Switzerland, a country which offers an adequate level of data protection according to the European Commission).
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
For more information, please click here.
FEI does not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 16.
FEI does not take specific steps to protect the privacy of children who disclose their personal data to FEI.
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, where they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. Relevant exemptions are included in both the GDPR and applicable local data protection legislation. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
To exercise any of these rights, or to obtain other information, such as a copy of a legitimate interests balancing test, you can get in touch with us – or our data protection officer – using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS & DATA CONTROLLER
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of direct marketing, you can get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to FEI, HM King Hussein I Building, Chemin de la Joliette 8, 1006 Lausanne, Switzerland.
Date: February 2019