FEI Elective Testing
The Elective Testing service provides an opportunity for FEI Veterinarians to test the urine of a Horse registered with the FEI for prohibited substances. Samples may be submitted to the FEI Central, or Reference Laboratories offering this service, to test for up to four of the FEI Equine Prohibited Substances, as specified on the Elective Testing Substances list .
Conditions and Requirements
Neither the FEI nor its agents (including but not limited to FEI Reference Laboratories) will accept any responsibility for the Elective Testing service and/or the results, the Person Responsible and/or the FEI Veterinarian shall hold the FEI and its agents harmless from all claims relating to the Elective Testing service.
In the case of a later Equine Anti-Doping and Controlled Medication Regulation violation, Elective Testing results cannot be relied on in any manner, and particularly as a defence to the alleged charge.
1. Elective Testing is only available for the substances listed on the FEI Elective Testing Substances list. Only urine will be analysed, for a maximum of four substances per Horse.
2. Testing fees may vary between FEI Laboratories and are available on request directly from the Laboratory (information below).
3. All costs associated with the Elective Testing service are at the expense of the Person Responsible or their National Federation. Payment for the full amount must be made prior to the collection of samples; samples submitted without full advance payment, will not be analysed. When transferring funds please provide the name and FEI passport number of the Horse from which the sample is to be collected, as reference.It is the responsibility of the person requesting the test to ensure that all funds have been received.
4. An Elective Testing Form must be completed in full and signed by an FEI Veterinarian, clearly stating the veterinarian’s name, contact details and FEI ID. The completed Elective Testing Form must be sent with the sample(s) to the Laboratory; failure to submit the Elective Testing Form in full may result in the sample not being analysed.
5. All samples must be sent in tightly closed containers, either refrigerated or frozen . If required, the official FEI testing kit (available from the FEI Central Laboratory), otherwise National Federation kits may be used. If in any doubt about the container to be used, the FEI Veterinarian is strongly advised to contact the Laboratory prior to collection. Samples must be shipped in accordance with applicable national and international legislation.
6. Before shipping the sample, please phone and give the Laboratory an advance notice that the sample is expected.
7. On receipt of the sample in good condition, correctly completed Elective Testing Form and payment, the Laboratory will send a confirmatory fax or e-mail to the FEI Veterinarian, using the contact details provided on the form. The Laboratory reserves the right to refuse the service for any sample and in such case a rejection notification will be sent instead, the funds will be refunded and the sample destroyed.
8. If everything is in order, the results of the Elective Testing service will be provided within three working days by fax or e-mail to the FEI Veterinarian, using the contact details provided on Elective Testing Form.
9. A negative result may be associated with improper handling of the sample during shipment and consequently, there is no guarantee that the result of Elective Testing will be replicated in the testing of samples taken subsequently from the same Horse.
10. The results of Elective Testing are for the FEI Veterinarian’s reference and information purposes only.
11. For further information or assistance please contact the FEI Veterinary Department.
FEI Central Laboratory
Horseracing Forensic Laboratory (H.F.L) Sport Science
Cambridgeshire CB7 5WW
Tel: +44 1638 724 400
Fax: +44 1638 724 401
FEI Reference Laboratories
Australian Racing Forensic Laboratory
Tel: +61 (02) 8344 5000
Fax: +61 (02) 9662 6107
Laboratoire des Courses Hippiques (L.C.H)
Tel : +33 1 69 75 28 28
Fax : +33 1 69 75 28 29
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hong Kong Jockey Club
Tel: (852) 2966 6292
Fax: (892) 2607 2618
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
US Equestrian Federation Equine Drug Testing and Research Laboratory
Tel: +1 859 225 2060
Fax: +1 859 225 2067
The above information can be downloaded in a PDF format by clicking here.
To download the Elective Testing Form, please click here.
To view the list of Elective Testing Substances, please click here.