Fédération Equestre Internationale
Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup™ Jumping Final 2016
These are the terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) of the “Fédération Equestre Internationale, Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup™ Jumping Final 2016 “#SupportYourNation” Competition” (the “Competition”). You need to have an account on either Facebook, Twitter or Instagram in order to take part in the Competition. By entering the Competition you are indicating your agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Who is the Promoter?
Fédération Equestre Internationale, HM King Hussein I Building, Chemin de la Joliette 8, 1006 Lausanne, Switzerland.
What can I win?
There shall be three (3) “Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup™ Jumping Final 2016” prize winners, one (1) winner being selected from each of the following social media platforms:
- One (1) winner selected from the Twitter platform;
- One (1) winner selected for the Instagram platform; and
- One (1) winner selected from the Facebook platform.
Winners selected from the Instagram and Twitter platform will each win (a) a Longines luggage tag and (b) a suit travel carrier. The Winner selected from the Facebook platform will win an Ariat softshell jacket.
How To Enter the Competition
The Competition is open to all persons. Any person who enters the Competition shall be referred to as an “Entrant”. If an Entrant is under the age of 18 (or the relevant age of consent in the relevant territory) (a “Minor”) his/her parent or legal guardian must accept these Terms and Conditions on the Minor’s behalf. FEI officials, FEI staff, FEI Committee Members (collectively “FEI Representatives”), immediate family members of FEI Representatives and staff
To enter the Competition the Entrant must include the hashtag “#SupportYourNation” in a post on Twitter or Instagram (which can consist of an individual video, picture or message or a combination of these) showing support for their team in the Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup™ Jumping Final 2016. On Facebook the Entrant must share and comment on the competition post on the FEI Facebook page and do one or all of the following by 11.59pm GMT on Wednesday 28 September 2016 at the latest (the “Closing Date”):
- Follow @FEI_Global (FEI) on Instagram
- Follow @FEI_Global(FEI) on Twitter
- Follow Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI) on Facebook
Entrants can only enter once on any applicable social media platform, i.e. once on Facebook, once on Twitter, and once on Instagram.
How will I know if I have won?
The winners will be announced on Fédération Equestre Internationale’s social media channels and contacted directly by the FEI.
How will winners will be selected and when?
All Entrants who correctly enter the Competition shall be eligible to enter the draw (“Draw”).
Winners will be selected as follows:
- The Facebook winner will be selected at random from the Entrants who have commented on the FEI competition post
- The Instagram winner will be the Entrant who has secured the greatest number of likes on their #SupportYourNation post
- The Twitter winner will be the Entrant who has secured the greatest number of likes and retweets combined on their #SupportYourNation post
What do winners have to do to receive their prize?
When announced as a winner, the winning Entrants must supply their address to Fédération Equestre Internationale of where they would like the prize to be sent. The prize will be sent as set forth in the Terms & Conditions.
Other restrictions and information
- There can only be one (1) winner selected from the Facebook platform, one (1) winner selected from the Twitter platform; and one (1) one winner selected from the Instagram platform.
- By entering the Competition each Entrant completely releases, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (as applicable) in relation to this Competition and acknowledges that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- The winners agree to the use by the FEI of their name and image in any and all publicity material or advertising relating to the Competition or future promotions without compensation or approval.
- Any and all personal data will be used in accordance with current Swiss data protection legislation.
- Neither purchase nor entry fee is necessary. No cash alternative is available. Void where prohibited. The winners are responsible for paying any taxes due.
- By entering the Competition Entrants agree that, should they win, the FEI may identify the Entrant as the winner using his/her username and images on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram as applicable.
- Prizes will be despatched to the winners via the mail service, unless otherwise stated. Neither FEI, Longines nor Ariat will be liable for any prizes which are lost, delayed, or damaged in the post for reasons beyond its control.
- Details relating to any prizes will be sent to the winners within thirty (30) days of the winners being announced and the winners will be given a date by which they must claim their prize (the “Prize Claim Date”). If a prize is not accepted or claimed by the Prize Claim Date, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the FEI reserves the right to distribute the unclaimed prizes in such manner as it shall choose at its sole discretion or not to award the unclaimed prize at all. Where a prize is won by a Minor, the FEI reserves the right to award the prize to the prize-winner's parent or guardian on behalf of the prize-winner.
- No prize transfer, assignment, or substitution by winners is permitted. Prizes may not be sold on to third parties. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable, the FEI, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute the original prize (or that part of the prize) with an alternative prize to the equal monetary value and/or specification.
- The FEI may at any time decide to change, cancel, amend, vary, delete, add to and/or otherwise alter the Terms and Conditions of entry, the prizes and/or any other part of the Competition. The FEI shall not be required to send separate notification to each person who has entered and/or may enter the Competition. It shall be sufficient that details shall be available on the website where these Terms and Condition have been initially published.
- The FEI reserves the right to verify the validity of any entry and/or Entrants and to disqualify any user who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process.
- Where the FEI discovers or has reasonable grounds to suspect that any Entrant has used any software or automated process either to answer questions, enter the Competition or to make bulk entries, the FEI may exclude such entries and disqualify the Entrant from the Competition. Entrants can only win one (1) prize. If the FEI becomes aware that the same person has been selected as a prize winner more than once, another name will be drawn.
- A failure by the FEI to enforce any one of the Terms and Conditions in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim or right of action by any Entrant or prize winner, nor shall it be deemed to be a waiver of any of the FEI’s rights in relation to the same.
- By entering the Competition, all Entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless the FEI, Longines and Aria and their respective partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this Competition or any Competition-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
- By entering the Competition, each Entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted entries does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the entries and that the Entrant has the right, authority and capacity to make any assignments or grant any licenses in relation to the entries to the FEI as required by these Terms and Conditions.
- By entering the Competition, each Entrant is deemed to grant the FEI a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable license to reproduce, enlarge, publish, exhibit or create derivative works, on any media (now or hereafter known) and in whatever forum the FEI may choose, the entries.
- The FEI does not assume any responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorised access to Competition entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms. The FEI is not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Entrants' or any other persons' computers related to or resulting from participation in this Competition.
- FEI reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrants who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Competition for any reason such as, for example, if for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, Trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of FEI that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Competition.
- Entrants must not submit entries that:
- are defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar, or otherwise unlawful;
- contain excessively violent or sexual imagery;
- include an image of a person or persons unless they have their consent;
- identify minors without written parental consent; or
- would have a material unfavourable effect upon the good name, goodwill, reputation or image of the FEI and/or its commercial partners.
- The decision of the FEI will be final and no correspondence will be entered into with the winners.
- The Competition shall be governed by Swiss law and any dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Switzerland.