Steffen Peters
USA

Steffen Peters

Active
FEI World Individual Dressage Ranking
11th

Steffen PETERS is an American athlete and competes in Dressage.

Age53
Competing forUnited States of America - USA
Next events
Nothing available at the moment. Follow the athlete to get updates.
Statistics

Dressage

Number of starts: 183
Number of wins: 105
Only the results from 01 January 2010 included
Year2016
Individual Rank12
Year Venue Horse Individual Rank Team Rank
2012  Olympic Games London Ravel 17
6
2008  Olympic Games Hong Kong - The Beijing 2008 Olympic Games Ravel 3
Discipline: Dressage Born: 2008 Studbook: OLDBG Sex: Gelding Current owner: FOUR WINDS FARM USA
Discipline: Dressage Born: 2007 Studbook: RHEIN Sex: Mare Current owner: FOUR WINDS FARM USA
Discipline: Dressage Born: 2002 Studbook: DWB Sex: Gelding Current owner: LOURDES ARIZA & PALOMA MUÑOZ MEX
Date Show Event Competition Obs. Height Horse Position Score
29/04/2017 Del Mar, Fairgrounds CA CDI1* $1,500 FEI Intermediaire I Bailarino 1 73.202
29/04/2017 Del Mar, Fairgrounds CA CDI-W $5,000 FEI Grand Prix Freestyle Rosamunde 1 76.225
28/04/2017 Del Mar, Fairgrounds CA CDI1* $1,500 FEI Prix St Georges Bailarino 1 72.982
Ranking/Standing Horse Rank Points
FEI World Individual Dressage Ranking Legolas 92 11 2285
FEI World Individual Dressage Ranking Rosamunde 26 2048
FEI World Individual Dressage Ranking Wizard Banamex 534 387
Biography
General Interest
Hobbies Riding motorbikes, building remote control gliders. (equestrianlife.com.au, 17 Jul 2015)
Injuries In July 2014 he had to spend time in hospital after he contracted pneumonia and pleurisy. The illness forced him to withdraw from that year's Nations Cup and World Equestrian Festival events. (dressage-news.com, 14 Jul 2014)
Sporting philosophy / motto "When I train, 75% of what I'm doing is really training the horse mentally. The other 25% - getting the horse fit and developing the muscles - really isn't that complicated. It's such a big passion, and we absolutely love it. It's not just about competition - it's a serious love for animals." (spetersdressage.com, 10 Jul 2013)
Awards and honours He was named United States Equestrian of the Year in 2008, 2009 and 2011. He was the first rider to win the award three times. (examiner.com, 24 Nov 2013)

Medals description

Olympic Games
Gold medal - First place Gold medal - First place
Silver medal - Second place Silver medal - Second place
Bronze medal - Third place Bronze medal - Third place
Ranked Ranked
FEI World Equestrian Games™
Gold medal - First Place
Silver medal - Second place
Bronze medal - Third place
Ranked